Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DIY Baby Gate

After the little guy took a couple tumbles down the stairs we decided to get a legitimate gate but when looking at what was on the market nothing was catching our eyes. Our other concern was getting a gate that would actually fit our unusual stair railing shape. So I did what I always do and visit Pinterest and Etsy for some inspiration to create my own custom gate.

I had a bunch of 3/4 MDF, 2x4 and Bead Board from leftover projects so it made this project pretty cheap. I did have to buy the hardware which was just over $10 and a small sample bottle of paint from Lowe's. 

One of my biggest concerns on this project was wear and tear and overall stability of the gate. On the side where the hinges are attached I used a 2x4 for extra strength.

This is also my first Kreg Jig project. I was really impressed with how smooth and easy this tool made joining the frame of the gate. To hide all of the pocket holes I drilled everything on the back side and then hid them with the bead board as I tacked it right to the back of the frame.








Materials Used:
3/4 MDF
2x4
Bead Board
1 1/4 Kreg Screws




No comments :

Post a Comment