Sunday, July 28, 2013

Board and Batten!

         After completing my first board and batten job early in the month I was able to take my new found skill and expertise to our master bedroom! I wanted to make it the focus of the room and we wanted it to be very bold and set the master bedroom apart from the rest of the home. So with much debate we decided that on our largest wall I would install board and batten from the floor to the ceiling and paint the wall black! (It was my idea to go black but, it was the wife that kept reassuring me that it would look great in the end) And just to make sure the room wasn't going to shrink by going to dark we went with an off white color for the other walls.

          All in all it was a smoothly executed project. I used the same techniques as I did in the baby's room but it went a lot faster from start to finish. I would say it took me a good 15 hours or so with all of the prep work for painting, prepping the boards, and the finishing touches. It's funny to note that I can never just do a simple project I always see something else wrong or have a great idea to enhance another portion of the surrounding project but I will always end up changing more than what we originally planned for. My brother in-law brought over some of his extra tall base boards that he had lying around from his projects and I ended up changed all of the base boards. I also ended up changing all of the electrical sockets with new face plates while doing my main project. From the pictures I hope you can see how beautiful it ended up being!









No comments :

Post a Comment